Monday, July 21, 2008

It's raining, it's pouring!



At church today we sang Grace Like Rain by Todd Agnew and it hit me; that is exactly what God has been doing this past year in my life! I've told several people before, that every time I turn around God is showing me, reminding me, or telling me He loves ME. He has been pouring out His love and grace over me like rain. His love has either been drizzling over me constantly or down pouring over me all at once. Either way, it hasn't stopped raining and it's overwhelming at times. The fruit that this rain has produced is amazing because as I have began to realize that God truely delights in me and loves me and as I believe that He loves me then I am able to trust and rest in Him because I know I am cared for. It has also softened my heart towards others, even those I don't know, where I can see and feel how much God loves them too. I feel His presence so clearly at times that my heart feels like it's going to leap out of my chest with excitement. I hear His voice so distinctly that it stops me in my tracks and yet still I want more. I want more time with Him, I want more personal experiences with Him, I want to hear His voice all the time. There are times I just can't wait to get to heaven to sit at His feet and dance with my savior like I've imagined so many times. I know it sounds crazy, but I can't help it anyway I just thought I'd share my quick revalation I had at church. The picture above really reflects what I have been experiencing.

No comments: