Thursday, July 10, 2008

"Am I the only one..."

I ran across one of my Casting Crowns cds today and decided to put it in the player for a listen. When "Stained Glass Masquerade" started to play I began to weep. I'd heard it a million times before, but this time as I was listening to it I couldn't hold back the tears. The amount of pressure I heap on myself and the expectations I try to hold myself up to, create a constant disappointment in myself and in life. I'm always comparing myself to others and believe me when I say other's always come out looking better. I wonder if I will ever be able to just rest in God and let Him have full control or see myself the way God sees me. Still as the tears were falling I felt God's love rush through my heart and a smile started to form. Despite my own opinion of myself, God's opinion never changes and He loves me with an everlasting love. I am blessed to have a savior willing to lay down his life for me and a God willing to sacrifice His son because of His great love for you and me. I can only hope my lifesong when it's all said and done will be a reflecton of God's glory.
God,
May my lips always praise you and my life always worship you!


Stained Glass Masquerade by Casting Crowns


Is there anyone that fails
Is there anyone that falls
Am I the only one in church today feelin' so small
Cause when I take a look around
Everybody seems so strong
I know they'll soon discover
That I don't belong
So I tuck it all away, like everything's okay
If I make them all believe it, maybe I'll believe it too
So with a painted grin, I play the part again
So everyone will see me the way that I see them
Are we happy plastic people
Under shiny plastic steeples
With walls around our weakness
And smiles to hide our pain
But if the invitation's open
To every heart that has been broken
Maybe then we close the curtain
On our stained glass masquerade
Is there anyone who's been there
Are there any hands to raise
Am I the only one who's traded
In the altar for a stage
The performance is convincing
And we know every line by heart
Only when no one is watching
Can we really fall apart
But would it set me free
If I dared to let you see
The truth behind the person
That you imagine me to be
Are we happy plastic people
Under shiny plastic steeples
With walls around our weakness
And smiles to hide our pain
But if the invitation's open
To every heart that has been broken
Maybe then we close the curtain
On our stained glass masquerade

Would your arms be open
Or would you walk away
Would the love of Jesus
Be enough to make you stay

No comments: