Friday, May 23, 2008

He Carries Me (Part 2)

Still pondering on what I wrote yesterday I sit here wrapped in a sweater still being washed over with God's peace in my situation.
Yesterday I confronted a couple of questions I have found myself asking God. Why won't you hear my cry and answer my prayer? Why won't you do something about it? He gently reminded me that when I can't see the outcome of what I pray for, hold onto His promise that He loves me and cares about my circumstance. He reminded me that He will never ever leave or forsake the one I pray for and He has a firm grasp on the whole situation. God's timing is not always my timing. I am still comforted today by those words and scripture, peace has not left my side.
Today I wanted to confront a similar question. This time focusing on why life doesn't always go our way and turn out like we have desired it to be. I know that our sin can change the course of our lives. If we walk in sin for a period of time it can cause us to walk out from underneath God's blessings and plan for us, yet within that same thought knowing God never lets us go as we
vier off course. Something else can keep us from achieving our goals and dreams and it's called God's Glory. (Hang in there with me) I'm sure you're thinking "That doesn't make sense, how can God's Glory cause us disappointment over broken ideas?" God's Glory doesn't cause us disappointment, our own lack of understanding causes the disappointment. How many times have we had great ideas of things we want to do, for the glory of God, and those ideas hit road blocks? How often do we have our own plans of how we want our lives to go and nothing seems to go our way? Has God ever closed a door on something you are very passionate about and left you bewildered as to why? I had a similar experience that left me just down right puzzled as to what God was thinking and doing. I mean just when you think you know what God wants to do with you a door closes in your face. Can you relate?

God's been showing me that YES He has plans for each and every one of us. It's all I can do sometimes but to cling to Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." and
Pslams 139:16 "...All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be." But under whose strength will He allow His plans to unfold, ours or His? So often we have plans for our lives and run after those ideas full force with all our strength and ability and when we get there we forget to give God credit because it was so easy for us to do on our own. God wants to show off in our lives, but He wants to show off His abilities not ours. I can look back and see that maybe God closed those doors because I was going to let the circumstance reflect how good I was. Knowing full well there is nothing good in me that hasn't come from God first. I don't doubt the passion God has put in me concerning His plans, but I know now God is patiently waiting for my pride to diminish enough to let God into His plans for me too. LOL
This same concept can be applied to our lives in general. So often we know just how we want our lives to go, blissful and happy, pain free. We imagine this life of comfort. Yet if we got everything we wanted and a strife free life would we be so free to give God the glory for it or would we consider it the norm and a product of our own hard work? God wants His Glory to shine in every
nucke and cranny of our lives. I think I'll end today with this thought because my brain is going to explode if I keep going. LOL There's only so much learning my brain can process and thank goodness God knows that and feeds me only a little at a time.

God is ALWAYS committed to 3 things:
1- He is committed to His Glory (Himself)
2- He is committed to His people (you & me)
3- He is committed to the plan of redemption (restoration)

1 comment:

Rambling Autism Mom said...

Hey, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Great stuff! I can identify with what you're saying. Maybe we can get together sometime this summer & hang out?