I sat down today to preview the DVD that we will be watching next week in bible study, so I could type out the scriptures for the women to quickly glance to while they watch. Beth Moore asked a couple of questions that spoke to the very heart of my soul. God speaks of Himself countless times in the bible as "The God of Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob". This representation is repeated over and over again throughout scripture.
Do we think God is the same God of Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob?
Do we believe God is the same God of Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob?
Do we act like God is the same God of Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob?
Do we act like God is the same God of Moses, David, Daniel, Ester, Joshua, Job, & The Apostles (the list goes on) in our own lives?
The bible accounts for story after story and adventure after adventure of God being undeniable in His character, unmistakeable in His presence, unwavering in His plan, and relentless to chase us down. He pursues us in relationship before we ever choose Him. He blessed nations through Abraham, He set captives free through Moses, He defeated giants with David, He shut the lion's mouth with Daniel, He healed the sick using the apostles. God's personality resounds through scripture and it takes my breathe away. The God of Abraham was the same God to Moses. The God of Moses was the same God to Daniel. The God of Daniel was the same God to David. The God of David was the same God to the Apostles. The same God of the Apostles is the same God to US! He never changes. He does not waver from generation to generation, He does not change His heart or His character on a whim. What He thinks He says and what He says He does. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. So do we act like God is the same God as He portrayed Himself to be in the bible, in our own lives, or do we downplay our current situations as unreachable to Him? If someone was to look at us or the reflection of our life would they say "I want the God of Jennifer to be my God'? "I want the God of ___(your name here)____ to be my God." Wow, that question strikes the very heart of my soul.
Does my life speak to others around me that God is:?
El Ohiym = Creator God
El Elyon = God Most High
El Olam = Eternal God
El Shaddai = God Almighty
El Roi = God Who Sees Me
Jehoveh Jirah = Provider God
Adonai = Master
Ha Shem = The Name Above All Names
Yahweh = Covenant God
Oh how I want my life to be a reflection of God's hand! I don't want a career to be the theme of my life, I don't want my ambitions to be the theme of my life, I don't want my talents or accomplishments to be the theme of my life. I WANT GOD TO BE THE THEME OF MY LIFE! When people look at me I want them to know that God is a part of this earthly package and that we are inseperable. You can't have one without the other. If I speak, then let people expect God to be the topic because God is the "Topic Of My Life".
Do we really believe that "everything is possible for him who believes" (Mark 9:23) or do we just think that only some things are probable? God is sitting on the edge of His throne with eager anticipation just hoping WE WILL BELIEVE HIM and take Him at His Word. He wants to prove Himself in our lives and turn our failures into His triumps. He wants to turn our ashes into beauty and our fears into strength. He wants to turn our mourning into gladdness and our despair into peace. He loves a good story of restoration and He loves being the author of that story.
Oh, that our lives would reflect the greatness of YOU GOD and not our own accomplishments! I want YOU to be the author of my story and the provider of all my needs, Lord. I want YOU to be the cliff hanger to what's gonna happen next or how the day was saved. YOU are my adventure, my topic of conversation, and the theme of my life!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gotta love our Beth Moore! She's so amazing... and so are you!
Hey, check out my latest post - I tagged you for an award!
Post a Comment