Monday, August 18, 2008

Wish List?

Okay so God and I decided to have a conversation in the oddest of places today, my car. I got home from work tonight and just sat in my car, in the dark, and spoke honestly to my Father. I prayed what was on my heart and asked him for knowledge and understanding. I also decided to ask him for a couple of things just for my enjoyment like an increase in my husband's paycheck and a vacation to Florida. But I felt guilty and bad for asking God for such pleasurable things and surprisingly God decided to talk about my guilty/bad feelings right then and there. He asked "Do you think you don't deserve to have things in your life that are for your enjoyment?" I answered, "Well I am always thinking I'm not suppose to ask for things like that because they might be selfish or greedy or make it seem like I'm not grateful for what I have." He then answered, "I want you to make a wish list of all the things you want. All the things you wish for whether spiritual, for others, for you, or just plain silly and I can't wait to watch you mark that list off one by one as I answer them." The way He said it, I could almost hear Him chuckeling, like I was silly for thinking my Father didn't want to give me good things and that by the end of seeing my list checked off I might finally be convinced of just how much He loves me. It really was a tender moment where I was also reassured just by His request that He truely does love ME and that He delights in ME. I started to cry and had to ask,"Where do you get your love for me and who am I that you would want to do this?" He said, "I've always had it, I've always had this great love for you since I created you and nothing will ever make my love for you decrease." My tears were unstoppable at this point and all I could say was, "Thank you. Thank you for this moment and thank you for letting me hear your voice, it had been a while."

I can't wait to start writing out my wish list. There's so much I want to ask God for and not just for me but for those I love too. My only challenge will be for me to keep believing I am worthy of God to answer them. I think Beth Moore should have added "I am worthy" to her list of "I am's" in her Believing God series. LOL




1 comment:

Dreamer said...

Jen... this is awesome! I'm so thankful God speaks to us. :)

I am now reading the Beth Moore book, "Believing God", and it is just as amazing as the Bible study!! Love you.