Gotta say I'm a little nervous right now because Tuesday night biblestudies are about to start back up. Elaine is the leader of the small group, but she has been gracious enough to extend out to me a project of showing the Louie Giglio DVDs. I've had so much fun putting together songs to sing and writing a couple of the discussion sheets. I can't wait for the women to watch the videos and get inspired by God's hand. I can't wait for them to be reminded and encouraged that they have a God who holds the universe in one hand and their lives in the other and that He has it all under control when things look out of control in our lives. My nerves kick in when I think of who gets the praise. I have to admit that with my past insecurities I have been a person who has searched for praise from people inorder to make me feel better about me. God has worked overtime on me and my insecurities trying to build up who I am in Christ and not who I am in other people's opinions. I haven't had to face my past giant for quite a while because I just haven't cared what people think of me, but here I am facing a spotlight and starting to get nervous of all their opinions. I'm haunted by a past giant I just don't want to face again. It's going to take a lot of prayer and reminding myself that any and all praise goes to God. I want God to be the praise that comes off our lips thru the next 8 weeks. I want God to shine in this biblestudy, not me!
God,
I know Your greatness shines in the videos we are going to be watching because I have seen them and been moved by them. I want Your greatness to shine in the eyes of every women who watches them. I want You to be the encouragment and reassurance of every women in the biblestudy. My desire is that by the end of the 8 weeks we will all be able to rest in You, to rest in Your greatness, to rest in Your hands, and to rest in the fact that You HOLD IT ALL. Let the praise that we sing and the wonders we meditate on be a sweet offering to You. My personal promise to you is that if any thanks or words of praise come my way, I promise to send those words to you and not to my insecure self, like I use to do. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO ALL PRAISE IS GIVEN!! You changed me -You took away my insecurities, You sustain me - You keep me strong and hold my life in Your hands, You inspire me - You give me hope and a future I was never able to obtain on my own. What credit can I take because left on my own I would not be who I am today. You gave me life again and I praise You for it! So let this biblestudy be a blessing to the women who participate and let it be a blessing to You. Bless Elaine for reaching out and giving me the opportunity to share the DVDs with everyone. Bless our Tuesday nights so they will be filled with your presence. You truely are INDESCRIBABLE God and I love that you love me!
I love the little things God does that reminds us that He is mindful of even the smallest details.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment